CUTTING EDGE ISSUES IN POPULATION HEALTH AND PERSONALIZED MEDICINE
- Dietary factors in cancer prevention: from observational to intervention research - Professor Young-Joon Surh, Tumor Microenvironment Global Core Research Center, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- Integration of personalized treatment approaches to enhance clinical outcomes via correct use of natural products and therapeutics - Professor Manuela Neuman: Head of Toxicology Department, University of Toronto, Canada
- Stratified medicine for neurological disease Professor Mark Slevin, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Health quality metrics: settings of individual cancer management - Professor Bahadir M. Gullouglu, Professor of Surgery, Head, Breast Surgery Unit, Marmara University School of Medicine, Turkey
BASIC SCIENCE AND TRANSLATION OF SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE INTO CLINICAL APPLICATIONS
- Mutational Signatures as Clues to Cancer Aetiology and Carcinogenic Mechanism - Professor David Phillips, King’s College London, UK
- Involvement of inherent DNA repair variations in the development, prevention, intervention, and prognosis of cancer - Professor William Au, University of Texas Medical Branch, USA, Shantou University Medical College, China and University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences and Technology of Târgu Mureş, Romania
- microRNA on post-transcriptional gene expression and on causation of health consequences. - Professor Alberto Izzotti, Chairman, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
- Cellular decision-making between life and death by HIPK2 and P53 upon genotoxic damage - Professor Thomas Hofmann, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Germany
- Application of laboratory medicine technology for significant improvement in precision medicine. - Professor Minodora Dobreanu, Director, University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences and Technology of Târgu Mureş, Romania
- Application of bioinformatic expertise towards the enhancement of population health and precision medicine - Professor Jianzhen Xu, Director Bioinformatics Laboratory, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, China
CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF PRECISION AND PERSONALIZED MEDICINE
- Opportunities for implementing precision medicine in Europe and internationally - Dr. Alexandru-Sorin Costescu, European Commission, Innovative and Personalised Medicine Unit, Health Directorate, Directorate-General Research and Innovation, Brussels, Belgium
- Use of innovative approaches in personalized medicine to significantly achieve efficacy, reduced cost, and less suffering - Marius Geanta, President, Center for Innovations in Medicine, Bucharest, Romania
- Personalized medicine and the eye: promises, challenges, and opportunities Professor Mark Radford, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Therapeutic photocrosslinking of collagenous tissues: developing UV-assisted medical treatments Professor Traian Chirila, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Genomic-based approach for the treatment of myeloproliferative disorders and myeloid leukemia - Professor Claudia Banescu, University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences and Technology of Târgu Mureş, Romania
- DNA repair in personalized brain cancer chemotherapy: new insights and challenges - Professor Bernd Kaina, Institute of Toxicology, University Medical Center, Mainz, Germany
- Enhancement of critical care medicine using precision and personalized approaches Professor Leonard Azamfirei, Rector, University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences and Technology of Târgu Mureş, Romania
Three concurrent Oral Presentations (4 presentations for each session)by participants and Video Poster Presentations.